Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commodore Stalls When Warm. Help!!

Zkai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi

This forum been great for alot of the fixing I've needed for my VR 1994 Commodore Series 1 but Series 2 Motor.

Just this weekend I Replaced:

Alternator $259
New coil Pack (one)$60
New battery $145.00
New Crank angle Sensor $82.00

The Problem the alternator was gone was only putting out 0.5 volts and battery was on its way out.
Which caused stall when i turned lights on and wouldn't start and ran really rough.
(replaced alternator and battery)

3 and 6 coil pack the 6 wasn't sparking so could be the cause of the random stalls. so we replaced the coil pack.

The car would stall when it reach half between H and C on the temp gauge. and would start till it cooled down, so the clues said Crank Angle Sensor. (Replaced the CAS)

Car Runs till half between H and C on the temp gauge then turns it self off its not like stall its like just turns off, We don't know wtf is happening, I've already spent **** load.

When friend last took it for test it happened again but when he touched the plug to the DFI module and when back to start it again it came back, if when it was still warm. but don't if he was right, it could be close to the problem.

Fuel pump and fuel Relay is Fine and work perfectly.

Friend Common thing is DFI module for the coil packs.

If its not the DFI what else could it be?

We also tested the imoboliser and the key is fine.

ECU gives codes
Code 13 - Oxygen Sensor (O2) - No Signal ----- was Replaced Couple Months ago New not second hand so should be Fine.
Code 24 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) ----- Don't why that would be problem Speed reads fine
Code 36 - Vacuum Leak ---- Vacuum Leak Could be anything

Model VR Commodore 1994 Executive
Pacemaker Extractors
2.5 Exhaust
States cold air intake.
Series II motor

I'm in Epping Victoria 3076 District.

First Post And thank you to anyone that may have clue would be Great.

Regards,
Mark ( AKA Zkai)

Last edited:

theslippery1

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Commodore Executive
Check the vacuum hoses on the throttle body also might be worth giving your throttle body a good clean & the IAC sensor on/in the TB for the best results remove the TB (how to's on this site will show you what to do ) if you have compressed air use this to clean IAC With the vacuum hoses check for cracks/splits.
Hope this helps.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Quickest cheapest and easiest thing to do is get a 2nd hand DFI module from the wreckers.....or remove the plug under the module and check that the connectors are not corroded which can happen when degreasing the engine and degreaser gets in the connector and eats away the connectors. Also check the earth to the module. Do checks before buying the module as it probably is just a bad connection.
Good Luck.