Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Cruise control wont set

VRStato99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Statesman
Hey guys just picked up a vr 5 litre statesman and the cruise isnt activating. Green light comes on, orange stays on if i hold the button then goes out when i release it. Have bridged the second brake switch made no difference. Relay clicks and fuses are good and the module has been replaced. Was told the stalk was replaced aswell. Also i dont know if its related but the bulb failure light comes on on the dash every now and then when ive got the lights on and no bulbs are blown. Any pointers would be great. :)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
are you running led taillights?

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Hey guys just picked up a vr 5 litre statesman and the cruise isnt activating. Green light comes on, orange stays on if i hold the button then goes out when i release it. Have bridged the second brake switch made no difference. Relay clicks and fuses are good and the module has been replaced. Was told the stalk was replaced aswell. Also i dont know if its related but the bulb failure light comes on on the dash every now and then when ive got the lights on and no bulbs are blown. Any pointers would be great. :)

A few years ago my VR Caprice was giving me grief with the handbrake system, start 'er up, handbrake off, reverse to exit driveway, all pretty normal. Change to D and off you go. But then I would get 'Bee-ba-deep, bee-ba-deep, bee-ba-deep' and nothing else. eventually figgered it was the handbrake warning, telling me that it was still on. Research revealed, the circuit was from BCM to dash lamp to the brake lever switch to ground. The switch is CLOSED when handbrake is off. Somehow the BCM was seeing an open circuit and because moving, decided brake was still on, and was telling me so, yet brake was actually off.

Then the penny dropped, no warning light showing on dash! AHA! Lamp Fail! Nope, BUT... Those cluster lights are a lil bulb set in a plastic holder that has metal 'wings' that make contact with tracks on a printed Circuit kind of plastic sheet. The wings had gradually bent away from the plastic base because they also provide the spring pressure that keeps the globe in place, which let the wings also intermittently lose contact. Gently bend them down closer to the plastic base again, reinstall the globe, and bob's ya uncle!
P3010018.png