Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Cruise Control

M

micheledip

I got a VR 5.0 without cruise control. I am installing one now. I have install the buttoms on the inside where indercator is and the cruise control motor as well. It is all holden gear, its not after market. But i don't know what i have missed becasue it not working??

Has anyone had this problem??

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Have you run through the flow chart diagram to see where you have gone wrong? Generally that is pretty much spot on from past experiences.

Are you getting power to the CRS light coming up on the instrument panel?

M

micheledip

This no light on the CRS, what is the flow chart diagram???

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Don't know if there is a difference in the 6 and 8's but have you fitted second stop pedal switch?

According to the wiring diagram in front of me their might be 3x fuses that have something o do with the cruise control. Fuses #8, #11 & #10 check them all.

Does the car have an Auto, or did the car the unit came out off?

On the cruise control unit the following should be true,

black ------ earth
blue/red -- stop lamp switch A
brown ----- stop lamp switch B
Pink -------- fuse #11 also goes to cruise control switch and stop lamp switch B
blue ------- goes to cruise control switch (s/c)
grey/black - goes to cruise control switch (r/a)
grey/green - goes to cruise control module and cruise on lamp
green ------ speed sensor
white ------ cruise engaged lamp and to the ecu for the automatic version.
grey ------- wire between the cruise control switch and the module
pink/black - goes from cruise control module to fuse #10

failing this.....I have no bloody idea other than make sure the stop switches are working properly as the cruise unit is designed so that if ANYTHING goes wrong it stops working.

Hope this helps

Kind regards Guy.

M

micheledip

Where do i check theses wires?? because the plug is already there and the control unit plug was already there as well??

I have checked the fuses the ones that control the cruise control.

So what do i have to do?? it is all plugged in.??

M

micheledip

Also the car is auto and the unit is off an auto as well.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Pull the plug from the control unit actuator and see if you have power on the pink wire and the brown one. Then depress the brake and see if the blue/red wire powers up. See if you have power on the pink/black wire at the cruise control module. Other than that I'm not sure, sorry!

rEGARDS AND HAPPY HUNTING GUY.

M

micheledip

The cruise control motor works because i have tested it, but when i plugged it in to my car the crs buttom doesn't come on. So i don't know???

Has anyone done it to a VR put cruise control on it??

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
right, here's what you need for instalation of cruise control on a non cruise control car

a cruise control actuator,
a bcm (body control module) that is cabable of cruise control, you cant put cruise control on a car with out the bcm.
a pedal switch
a second stop switch, (of the stop lamps will do)

basicaly, this circuit goes like this, there are 2 circuits
power and a control circuit

the power circuit runs to the bcm, and there is a latching relay in the bcm that will engage the cca (cruis control actuator) if your bcm isnt cruise control cabable, it just wont work, plain and simple. the cruise control switch has a on/off, and 2 failsafe relay's in it, r/a, and s/c, ra is resume acceleration, and sc is set cruise control, this sends a single to the bcm which will keep the car at the amount of rev's to the engine will work, you need ot also make sure you have got your instruments instalted properly, because there is a failsafe on the cruise on light, if it's not on, the fail safe will stay open, as a result you have a open circuit on fuse 11, which is the main power suply for the cruise control actuator. if you can, please right down the list of stuff you have done for me, detailed that is, i need very detailed descriptions of what cable you have put where, ill tell you exacly what you have done wrong.

thank's

cheers
garth

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I was thinking of installing the cruise control set up in my vr also but it has a LOW series bcm without cruise cabability.
What is stoping me putting in a setup from a vp that doesn't have a bcm .
My other car is a vp and the factory cruise setup works fine.
The switch setup is the same as the vr.

Mark