Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Cruse Control

lumpy

Reaction score
Hi, I want to fit a cruise control to my VR Exective. I have the module and GMH retro fit harness and stalk. What I am looking for is the GMH instructions that are supplied with the kit. I am sure I can do it myself but I would like it to look genuine eg. where they drill the fire wall for the harnes to go through.

Also do I need to upgrade my BCM from low to mid???

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Check out this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=16403&highlight=cruise it has a few pages from factory instruction on second page.
There is a relay that comes with the factory cruise kit that will work without a change of your bcm but Im not sure if it comes as a spare part.
The bcm basically when installed as original equipment keeps the power on when you press the on button and take your finger off the stalk thats all.
If you have to get a new bcm make sure it is a mid series one and that it is from a vr because a vs one (although it looks the same) is not the same with other functions.

lumpy

Reaction score
Check out this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=16403&highlight=cruise it has a few pages from factory instruction on second page.
There is a relay that comes with the factory cruise kit that will work without a change of your bcm but Im not sure if it comes as a spare part.
The bcm basically when installed as original equipment keeps the power on when you press the on button and take your finger off the stalk thats all.
If you have to get a new bcm make sure it is a mid series one and that it is from a vr because a vs one (although it looks the same) is not the same with other functions.

Thank you for that info, it was very informative, I would like to get a diagram of were to drill the hole in the bulkhead if any one knows???

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This is roughly where you have to drill ..start small and work slowly until you get a hole through the metal because of the angle and be careful and work up drill sizesfrom there ......leave the hole smaller than you need finally because it will be on a angle and oval shaped so the grommet will fit

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 608

lumpy

Reaction score
Thanks very much for that, now that I have all the information, now for the hard part !

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
yeh ya do have to swap the BCM from LOW to MID, in a VR but not in a VS, VR, and VS cruise looms are different too, i got caught on that 1.

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
p.s tried to scan the instructions but didn't work, the hole is a 20mm diametre cut witha a hole saw, it is 55mm vertical from the centre of the throttle cable hole and 20mm right, towards the main harness, that is the location of the centre of the new hole to be cut