Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr dash cluster issue

JesseB

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr berlina
Hi all I've just had my cluster repaired and the LCD screens replaced and the right hand indicators not showing up on cluster flashes on the exterior though but the left hand indicator is fine just trying to find out if there's something simple I'm missing for it to not work I've plugged the connector in under the cluster and still no luck if I can't work it out I'll be taking it back to the repair shop cheers all

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Jesse,

Firstly welcome to the VR~VS Sub-forum.

right hand indicators not showing up on cluster flashes on the exterior and the right hand sides fine on cluster and exterior

I'm wondering if you could clarify what you've written as it seems to contradict itself a bit regarding right and left.

JesseB

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr berlina
Sorry right hand indicator dosent flash on dash when indicating but left hand does they both work on the exterior but only the left hand one works on the dash cluster
Also fixed original post been a long day

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
This could just be a coincidental failing of one small globe. I must admit I cringe anytime when something behind the fascia has to be done as these fascia's are getting old and brittle now and with those alligator clips that retain it all the plastic has a tendency to break and leaving the clips holding the remaining plastic in the housing area. Also the 3 screw mount points that hold the air vents in place have a tendency to shatter and require some serious re-constructive skills.

I'm not quite sure but with a bit of messing around "you might ?" be able to just reach that bulb by lowering the lower dash fuse panel and gain access upwards to that globe. I know you can gain access to the Cruise globes that have a bit of a habit to fail on country driven cars that had the Cruise operating constantly for longer periods of time.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
As above....when putting in the level 3 clusters the bulbs can get hooked up on the lower metal lip of the dash and dislodged ..also whilst its out pull the ribbon cable tabs gently toward the back and center of the sockets so they put more pressure on the plugs when the cluster is pushed back in...