Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr diagnostic how to?

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
can any one tell me how to do a diagnostic on a VR V8.I can see the plug under the steering wheel but not to shure what pins to coss over and dont have the falt codes.has any one hear got the codes?

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
thanks mate got code 12 lovely

stormsearcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS,GSXR1000K6
that was gr8 guys.pic et al,very clear.

vlfreak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Hey guys, I have a VR V8 5.0 in a hilux and I cant get the diags to work at all..
the wiring in the car does not have an obd2 plug wired in.. so I got hold of a stnd vr plug and followed a wiring diagram on the net for the pin outs directly to the PCM.
I used pin 6 on the plug for baud data to pin D6 on the PCM
pin 5 as the earth straight to chassis (not through PCM wiring?? is this an issue?)
pin 9 (+) on the obd plug to pin c11 ('T' in to keep power to BCM simulator) on PCM
I haven't been able to get any diag computers to read (snap on, autec and a few other obd 1 and 2 readers)
all while the car has been running, I was trying to find out why gear changes weren't normal (speed sensor issue)
I tried doing the bridge of pins 5 and 6 last night to read engine codes.. I got no codes and now I have no injector pulse :(

I am assuming I have fried the ecu as my bcm sim still has the green light and the ecu still purges the fuel pump and I still have spark.. just no inj pulse

anyone got and info for me? are the pins right, is the earth an issue, will the baud data straight from the pcm read on

vlfreak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Any help would be awesome fellas, I need to know of a diagnostic computer will read properly if wired directly to the PCM ??

Ronnie1542

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
I know this conversation is 5 years old but vlfreak87 how did you go with that vr aldl plug patched into the engine loom?, do you know which wire goes from the diagnostic plug to loom?, as I’m wanting to patch one in myself

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Somehow I think vlfreak87 is no longer an active member on here as he's only ever posted 5 times, so your chances are really slim I'd say.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON