Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr diff gears same as vl ??

kingrat502

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
hey there,,i was just wondering if i rip the gears out of a vl 6cy 3:45 borgwarner diff,,will they fit into a vr irs centre,,,will be using vr lsd centre,,,,,why does it cost so much at diff shops to change gearing?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

kingrat502

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
thanks mate..very intresting,,i,m going to have a go at changing the ratio in my vr with vl 6cy ratio gears using vr lsd,,,thanks for the info..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i honestly beleive that fitting new gears is best left to a profesional outfit. if you get it wrongyou will wreck the gears in no time and unless you have the proper mechanical know-how and equipement it is easier to let someone elso do it.

it cost me $300 to get 3.45 diff gears fitted (they supplied - used). i supplied the LSD center which they also re-conditioned and fitted at the same time. took em about 3-4hrs to do and i got a loan car for the arvo they had mine.

shop around, if you can supply the parts (gears and LSD center) it shouldn't cost to much:thumbsup: