Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Door Trims?

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have got a really basic question. Is it possible to change parts of VR/VS Statesman door trims over with standard VN trims? In the pictures below their are 1 pic of standard Statesman door trims, and another picture of the areas that i am talking about.

Would it be easier if i get VR trims and take the vents off, or get VN trims and take what i need off the statesman trim?

What would be the best way around this? I hope to get them re-trimmed later on down the track. Has anyone done this kind of thing before?

Thankyou for your help

Adam.

Attachments

• vr trim.jpg
    vr trim.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 980
  • bits of the trim.jpg
    bits of the trim.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 413

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
yes they should fit. you need to drill holes in your original trim as these will bolt in with about four bolts. i've got some VS series one Calais ones that i'm going to put in mine and thats what i have to do. alternatively you can put the VR-VS complete dor trim and dash in too.

4PLAYN

Reaction score
I dont like the VR/VS dash that much IMO, my VN dash suits perfectly :p. But its just a matter of 4 or so screws and it can and will be on?

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Also speaking on door trims. Is there a way that the ash trays in the rear doors can be removed? Meaning can they be blanked off and have nothing but the handle there so there is no place for smokers to put their ash into. :p

Cheers

Adam :w00t:

4PLAYN

Reaction score
i dont have them yet but at the top of the inside door handles there is an oval shape there cut out .... get that open and your power window switch fits perfectly lol ...i just want them looking like the front basically .... no ashtray at all .... but i might see if the trimmers have any ideas ...