Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr doorpod speaker issues!!

Nicks

Reaction score
hey everyone i have a vr commodore and i am wanting to put some front speakers in the doorpods (most likely Alpine)

BUT.....

The door pods have 6"s in it and alpine do not make 6".

i can go 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 ?

what would be the better option and wats the precedure to mod it ?

cheers

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hey everyone i have a vr commodore and i am wanting to put some front speakers in the doorpods (most likely Alpine)

BUT.....

cheers
6.5 inch and cut the pod.
do a search this topic is covered daily almost.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Have you considered using a brand that makes a 6" speaker instead of alpine? It will make the job a lot easier to get speakers that just fit straight in. If you definately want to use alpine though, do a search through the forums. There is plenty of good info regarding moding speakers pods. Good luck :thumbsup:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I've squeezed 6.5inch speakers in before without modifying the pod. I now have 6inch speakers in there, much easier to fit and a better brand too. The 6.5inch speakers were just a cheap brand.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute

BUT.....

cheers

are you sure they dont make a 6" component? i have speaker raisers on my parcel shelf that are made for 6" speakers and i have a set of alpine type r 6" speakers in them........they fit perfect........

Nicks

Reaction score
are you sure they dont make a 6" component? i have speaker raisers on my parcel shelf that are made for 6" speakers and i have a set of alpine type r 6" speakers in them........they fit perfect........

Yeh i got the back under control, bought some alpine 6x9's :)
and a pioneer headunit yesterday
cost me $260 all up

thanks for the tips everyone, my audio will be fitted either next week or the week after, will let yaz know how it all goes

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
nah man what i mean is the ones i am running in the rear are the same ones you put in your speaker pods........6" speakers........so alpine DO make 6" speakers.............and if you are running sub / subs dont bother with 6x9 speakers they are basically useless.........if you are running subwoofer / 's use 6" speakers or 6" splits..........as 6x9 are bass producing speakers with treble.........if you run a sub you get your bass from the sub and all your treble from your in car speakers.........hence why you wont hear **** from the 6x9's in the parcel shelf with a sub as the bass from the sub overrides all noise from the 6x9's.........you need basically pure treble speakers inside your cabin which will mix with bass from your sub to make a wonderful mix of treble and bass for your listening pleasure and much to the annoyance of motorists you sit next to at the lights!!

but in answer to your question but some alpine type R's or S's for your speakers pods they will fit fine

Nicks

Reaction score
nah man what i mean is the ones i am running in the rear are the same ones you put in your speaker pods........6" speakers........so alpine DO make 6" speakers.............and if you are running sub / subs dont bother with 6x9 speakers they are basically useless.........if you are running subwoofer / 's use 6" speakers or 6" splits..........as 6x9 are bass producing speakers with treble.........if you run a sub you get your bass from the sub and all your treble from your in car speakers.........hence why you wont hear **** from the 6x9's in the parcel shelf with a sub as the bass from the sub overrides all noise from the 6x9's.........you need basically pure treble speakers inside your cabin which will mix with bass from your sub to make a wonderful mix of treble and bass for your listening pleasure and much to the annoyance of motorists you sit next to at the lights!!

but in answer to your question but some alpine type R's or S's for your speakers pods they will fit fine

thanks for the tips, very helpful :), im not sure about running a sub yet ? i mite run 1 type s sub later on. But was think just amp speakers for now. And i just picked up some rockford fosgate tweeters of a mate, not sure wher to put em, please advise.

cheers

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
well just run the 6x9's off an amp for now... then get bass out of them and when you get a sub put the 6x9's on highpass, perfect:D...
btw look around on the site, i think ive seen like 100 "vr-vs doorpod" threads, goodluck with it:D

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
thanks for the tips, very helpful :), im not sure about running a sub yet ? i mite run 1 type s sub later on. But was think just amp speakers for now. And i just picked up some rockford fosgate tweeters of a mate, not sure wher to put em, please advise.

cheers

run 2 type S's or one type R........one type S is just not enough!!! hahahahhaa