Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR engine into VN, ECU?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
prime up the fuel pump a couple of times and see if fuel comes out the fuel reg vacuam hose or out of a stuck open injector

vn3.8L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN executive s2
Thanks guys, finally some success, there didn't really seem to be fuel coming out of the reg so I just changed the whole fuel rail set-up with injectors. I also swapped the tb while i was there.
It seems to be running good now (I put it down to a stuck open injector). I however did notice that with both of my engines, they seemed to have a slight miss when you hold the throttle constantly slightly open. I would describe it as a beat or pulse. Sometimes it will do it a few times in a row then it might not do it for a few seconds and you get the idea. I could never really be bothered addressing it in the old engine, but is this a normal thing for these engines? If not it would probably mean i have a dodgy coil pack as this is pretty much only the same thing i used in the two engines along with the alternator. In that case it would be an easy fix.

Now I have to find where this bloody coolant is leaking from, its coming off the bottom of the sump and I hope its not a Welch plug.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
possible tps or map sensor if it's doing it on both engine with the same components.