Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR engine loom and manual harness into VS

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I've got a manual conversion from a VR to go into my VS, including manual computer, BCM and loom. The bloke who sold it to me recommended I use the manual harness, and get an auto electrician to wire it into the existing auto loom. In otherwords, use all the existing wiring/computer/BCM but just replacing the gearbox harness with the manual one.

I'm of two minds what to do, is it even possible to replace the entire loom? Since the VR was a different engine there would be different connectors, correct?

Just after some input on my best course of action. What problems am i likely to encounter?

Cheers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i think you need the key coded to the BCM to use the VR bcm so that would be out to start with im sure.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah.im not sure on the difference in bcm's between vr and vs but ide say it wont be pkug and play some how.you could rewire to the VR manual ecu and ditch the MAF sensor and the CAM sensor and run MAP would be a fair bit of wiring to do though.would need a different coolant sensor and an IAT sensor and would need to drill the manifold to fit it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
someone i know has done it with the auto ecu he just fed the new speed sensor feed into the correct terminals on the auto ecu and turned off the auto flags and has no issues.its easy to feed a few wires to the ecu

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
someone i know has done it with the auto ecu he just fed the new speed sensor feed into the correct terminals on the auto ecu and turned off the auto flags and has no issues.its easy to feed a few wires to the ecu

More info please.. and can anyone help with a how-to wiring diagram to get speedo and revers lights etc working on an auto converted to manual?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
You shouldnt need the BCM. The BCM will just plug in anyway the only prob you might find is if you electric windows you might have to bypass the bcm for them as they will not work properly.
You will have to modify the 2 large plugs on the engine harness that plug in near the battery, its pretty easy its just the colour coding and the plugs are different.