Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Engine Trouble Supercharged ????

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
Hey
I just bought a VR ute, been makin a few adjustments here and there. But i got it from a guy who i'm pretty sure was a fairly dodgey electrician and may have at one point supercharged the V6 engine, although when selling it removed all the charging gear. The ute runs fine but does sound like a wheezy old man when i turn it on and off.
I'll post a pic of the engine, if anyone would be obliged to help that would be bloody brilliant if you'd let me know wat was happening under my bonnet?
Thnx

Last edited:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
firstly, wrong section dude, there's a section for VR/VS.
second, the cut-out in front of the passenger strut tower suggests there was at some point intercooler piping going through there, so you may be right about it being supercharged/turbocharged (though it could just be a duct from the front air dam)
third, what's wrong with it? you need to be specific. the noise could easily be from the pod filter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
Thanks m8,
yer just realised i put it in the wrong section...... a newbies mistake.
I think the "wheeze" may just be from the pod filter........
thanks though m8.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Thanks m8,
yer just realised i put it in the wrong section...... a newbies mistake.
I think the "wheeze" may just be from the pod filter........
thanks though m8.

it would be, my gas was backfiring a bit so i put a ****ty pod on so i didnt blow up air box's and it made that wheezing noise on start up (when cold).... but its fixed now so the air box is back on :D