Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR EV6 & 4L60E into vn s2 or vp conversion

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
although a VR tune with lean cruise enabled
This is something I don't understand - Assuming it is a factory fitted feature, if it goes lean at cruise then the cat is not receiving it's favourite exhaust gas composition, so how can the cat work properly?

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
This is something I don't understand - Assuming it is a factory fitted feature, if it goes lean at cruise then the cat is not receiving it's favourite exhaust gas composition, so how can the cat work properly?

The cat will work effectively and efficient as there will be less hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide.. At a low load cruise its not uncommon for new cars to run as lean as 17:1

Negatives are you will get a high content of nitrogen oxides in your exhaust and higher exhaust temperature.. Go too lean and you will see pinging..

Positives is more economical car..

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
hi all is there a gide out there for the Vs into vn conversion I have a vs motor loom and ecu and a supercharged v6 in my vn Calais but I cant work out were I have messed up the dash lights u the fuel pump clicks but no don't run . if I jump the relay the pump works the starter motor will not turn butt if I jump it the motor will turn over but not fire . if I spray wd40/crc in the motor it will fire on all 6 then stop
on the chip I have malf 31 theft deterrent signal missing /set
malf 72 auto trans speed sensor no signal /set
eng light malf 73- pressure control solenoid / not set
eng light malf 72 - auto trans speed sensor no signal / set

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
VSmotortoboddyloom.png
[/URL][/IMG] sorry if this is not right
vnmotortoboddyloom.png
[/URL][/IMG] the next one might be out a bit ??? but any help will be sweet
vntovsengtodashloom.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
sounds like the vehicle anti theft (vats) kicking in stopping it from starting, and running.

need to get the ecu/pcm memcal retuned, guessing you didn't transfer the BCM/keyhead(keyfob) and all the rest of the wiring from the VS into the VN, VS from memory is much the same as the VR loom i used in this but i will have a look through some schematics to double check.

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
I will reburn the medcel and I don't have the bcm/keyfob
it this the right settings in the medsel ?
malf 31 theft deterrent signal missing /set
malf 72 auto trans speed sensor no signal /set
eng light malf 73- pressure control solenoid / not set
eng light malf 72 - auto trans speed sensor no signal / set

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
look for "1 = Anti Theft Module Disabled", set/tick to disable

the VSS error's shouldn't be there as it's wired into the loom and directly connected to the pcm, worry about getting it running before chasing other issues...

Last edited:

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
yep that's set but when I reread the chip it was not right had a heep of FF in spots when I compeared it to the burn that was ment for it so I have cleared it but know the burn will not finish im gessing the chip is dead ? so im going to have to get a new one grrr ? 27c010 or my gq-4x is not working right . I will do one more cos if I cant have a tune with Anti Theft Module Disabled I cant do no more im going to have one more try tonight with both chips if no luck I will look for a new chip ??

vss ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These chips can take a bit of time to erase fully when theyve been rewritten to a lot of times, so give it a heap of time erasing and then try it. .. They do eventually die though after a lot of erasures/rewrites.. Ive got a couple of dead ones laying around that wont erase or cant be written to any more..
Also I sometimes find that with my gq-4x(now that its a couple of years old and has been used heaps) can get a bad connection between the memcal adaptor pins and the burner socket, I just move the adaptor slightly from side to side in the burner socket, with the clamp slightly shut to put a slight pressure in the pins, and this cleans the contacts in the burner socket enough to get it working correctly again.. The socket must get some slight surface corrosion and this can be enough to stop it from getting a proper connection sometimes..

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok cool I did has you said brett_jjj and one did the burn and I compeared it and looked good and the spear just did not wish to verify after the burn so that can go back in the the uv eraser for 3more times on full and thank you for your help so fare jxw and brett_jjj