Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr factory radio loom adaptor for aftermarket cd playa

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
i have a pioneer cd playa and i want to put it in my vr. someone was telling me that you can buy a connector that plugs from the factory loom into the cd player. has anyone heard of these before/used one???

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yep, you can buy ready assembled adaptors from Autobarn, at least. Probably get them from plenty of other places too. You just have to hope that your model of player is one that has an adaptor available.

They're pretty cheap too. I've seen some of them for only about 20 or 30 bucks.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
OP, just know that if you do buy a wiring harness adapter, you may sometimes have to swap some of the wires around to be completely compatiable.

Persoannaly i have never used one, as they can be a little bulky once fitted, and if your using pre-outs and IPOD connectors ect, it can get a little crammed behind the back of the head unit when re-fitting.

For the price of the wiring harness, it wouldnt set you back too much more to just have it professioanly fitted if your unsure on what your doing.

Otherwise, if you want to fit it yourself, there a thread located at the top of the Car Audio section page, this will give you the wiring diagram you will need to connect your Aftermarket headunit, to your factory harness.