Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr - flooded bad the other night..

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
the other night, i was on my way home. Was quite a nice drive watching all the lighting all over melbourne.

i was just near home, i was driving along and didnt realise the whole road ahead was flooded untill i wasd about 5m away from the start of the flooded road.

i hit the flood at about 40km, then i throught i may as well as try power through it. Then when i gave it a little water come rushing through the manual stick shift, pooring all into the passenger side floor, and my floor.

The car was absolutle ****n flooded. This happened 2 days ago now, ive had to strip the interior out to get the carpet out, because the underlay is soaked.

The vr had a 5spd manual put in it about 9 months ago from what the told i purchased it off told me.

The water poored up through the stick shift in the centre console.

I am now wondering, is there ment to be a metal plate covering the stick ? with the gear pattern in it ?

because there is just a rubber boot sitting there, doesnt even fit over the whole. i can literally see the gearbox and the ground.

can someone supply me with a picture of the parts im missing ? or the parts that wernt even installed onto the car ?

or is there just ment to be a bigger rubber boot to fit over the lip on the hole where the stick shift fits thorugh ?

thanks,

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
there is just a rubber boot there if u remove it you can see the road.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Theres ment to be a plate there mate,

Cheers
MaT

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
There is a metal floor plate with a large circular hole cut in it for the shifter. Then there is a 2-peice rubber boot that covers this hole and grips onto the shifter. Then there is another corrugated vinyl boot that fits to the centre console for aesthetics.

I'm guessing you're missing part two of the rubber boot. I'm in the same boat.

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
mmm part 2 is the one i need.

beware of flooded roads maldotcom2!