Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr flooded - floor absolutly soaked.

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
ok, car flooded up throu the hole where tranny is, the rubber boot wasnt in place when i went thru a flooded road.

ive ripped up the carpet, its buggered. all the underlay is soaked.

now theres another problem..

on the chassis of the car inside, there are thease white moulded sheets that sticks to the floor, and it has more of that underlay underneath it, and thats soaked too.

this white moulded sheets are all over the inside of the floor. They are stuck to the ground. They cover them rubber drain plug holes. Do you guys no what i mean ? Thease sheets are cracked in spots etc..

well under that moulded sheets is more of that underlay, and thats soaked too.

Has anyone got any ideas of what i can do ?

i cant really rip that moulded sheet up ? i thought it would be there to quiten down noise from road.??

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
best bit is to wait for a hot day and leave the windows down a little, remove any floor mats and let it evaporate

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
you realise that insurance companies normally write off flooded cars for this reason. Ripping the sound deadening out is going to be a pain.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Just do as lemon-squeezy says - strip as much as you can and then windows/doors open with either a few fans or fan heaters to ventilate the car. Unless it was salt water that you went thru you should have no corrossion problems as under the sound proofing panel (white ones) it's painted.
As long as no electrics got wet you will have no problems - if they get wet then the car is usually considered a write-off as Vee-ard says.

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt

ive allready been airing it out for last 3 days

ive had a little heater in there on the 33 degree day, was like 70 degreess in the car..

poor little heater has been going long and stong for nearly 72hrs straight.. lol

well im going to have to tear part of the sound deadning panels up, to dry out the underlay underneath that..

the water only really collects in the lowest point under the deadening panels... so ill only have to rip out a 20cm x 20cm patch, so 4 patches in total..

WHERE CAN I GET MORE OF THIS BODY DEADENING SHIZZZ ?? OR WHAT IS A GOOD ALTERNITIVE ??