Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR front end on VP

corsyjaws

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Vp commodore stock as a rock
hi im new here i have a 93 VP commodore and wen i bought it the bumper and the metal bar behind it that it bolts too had a stow in it and am looking to replace it and was wondering if i got the bonnet bumper 2 front panels from driver side and passenger side and headlights will it fit my VP as i really like VR fronts. I assume it would fit as both cars are very similar body wise.

Thanx in Advance

corsyjaws

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Vp commodore stock as a rock
How will it look stupid? If it lines up and fits fine should look beasty shouldn't it

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
I agree with exaclibur, unless you match the back aswell its gunna look out of place.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Nah it looks ok, should go together ok to.

When you get your front panels, though, make sure you get the metal brackets that go from the inner apron to where the quarter panel and bumper meet. It will still go together without this, but it needs it to hold the panel and bumper straight

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Plenty of people have done it. I don't think it looks bad. Search around a bit, I remember there being a "how to" on this.

92sixer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
I believe there would be a slight difference, mainly the frount fenders matching with the lights?. I recently put a VP frount end (lights, bumper and grill) on my 92 lexen, matching up eventhing took some effort.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No difference.
You need the two front guards, VR/VS bumper support, bumper, VR/VS headlights, VR/VS bonnet, and of course sort the brackets that hold the bumper and guards on the side right.

I think this is worth while as a swap because there was only a few years of VP or VN and 93-2000 for the VR/VS front. Heaps of parts around ;) Most of us have bigger wheels and tyres so the front wheels won't be sitting in noticeably at all. VR/VS has a slightly wider front track.

psirx7

Reaction score
Just buy a VR instead of wasting your money and making a vp look fugly...