Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr front

UNDERCOVER HQ

HOT 202
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA 202
How hard is it to put the vr front on to the vn is it just guards and lights and front spoiler or is there more to it.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
You just need to cut the radiator support a little, just to round it like the VR/S radiator support, where as the VN one is squared at the edges.
You need to swap the bonnet hinges over too as the VR/S ones differ to the VN/VP ones.
You have to fit gas struts to the engine bay too if your car didnt have them because VR/S bonnets don't have the hole for the VN/P metal rod setup.
Also the pipe for the windscreen washer jets runs out the drivers side of the firewall on a VN/P but on the passenger side for a VR/S so you'll need to lengthen the hose and run it down the opposite side under the firewall cover.
And you need to drill a few holes to fit the headlights as the VR/S headlights mount differently to the VN/P ones.
Oh and you need to cut the plastic shroud bit near the radiator in order to be able to fit the VR/S reo bar.

Pics and instructions are in my ride thread. There are links to the relevant pages on the initial post.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i removed the post because of an error.
as writing above is correct,

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Not on the two sets of VS headlights i've used... The VN/VP sockets and globes slot straight into the VR/VS headlights. So unless you took the sockets from a VR/VS and tried to plug the VN loom into the VR/VS sockets? But that makes no sense.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
oh my bad, if forgot i have the vr s2 statesman loom in before i put the vs caprice front on,
my mate made up a patch loom for the vr loom to fit the vn headlights.
sorry for the mind fcuk ppls