Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr fuel smell in cabin

vr piggy bank

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute s pack
hi guys,

having alot of trouble with my vr ute have strong fuel smell in cabin not quiet sure what it is i know there is threads about this but nothing has helped i have pressure tested my tank replaced breather lines replace oxygen sensor,throttle position sensor, pressure regulator, charcoal canister still have smell hanging around also only getting about 300 to a tank around town driving can anyone help me with whats next please cheers brad.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Have a look around the injectors and the pressure regulator as they may be weeping. 300km to a tank around town is not all that bad if you live in the big smoke.
And welcome to the forum.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
My vp had fuel smell in the cabin and it was a cracked rubber fuel line near the intake manifold, and my vs had a smell as you were getting in it was a fuel cap seal.

vr piggy bank

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute s pack
ok well i will check the o ring around the cap in the morning. um well we are out in the country land ha but like even on the highway it doesnt really vary that much prob like 400 max and ive heard of people getting like 600 hundred highway k's oh and it has been on gas for some of its life but i removed that not sure if that could have infected the injestors at all. thanks

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

vr piggy bank

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute s pack
oh and also replaced coolant temp sensor and thermostat and still have a pretty rough idle not sure if that could have anything to do with fuel consumption only put plugs and leads on about three months ago swapped coil packs aswell but no change. also checked plugs today and and they didn't seem to be burning rich or anything. thanks guys