Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr fuel tank into vk

Justin Webster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL group a tribute
Hi guys
Can anyone tell me why the VR tank has only two pipes sticking out of the Top and VK has three I'm assuming that the two small pipes are vapour lines and the big one is a breather . Can I tee off the one VR line other than the breather to suit the two vapour lines that where on the VK tank . Any help would be appreciated thanks

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
vr/vs tanks have a slightly different intank breather fillup chamber system to the earlier tanks, the vb to vk tanks are the same externally, difference is the sender unit/pump and return fuel line when it changed on the vk to go efi from carby. The vk was stuck in the middle of change and used both carby and efi with fuel senders

You should be fine with your suggestion on doing the tee for vk efi canister/overflow vapour lines to vr tank.

Justin Webster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL group a tribute
vr/vs tanks have a slightly different intank breather fillup chamber system to the earlier tanks, the vb to vk tanks are the same externally, difference is the sender unit/pump and return fuel line when it changed on the vk to go efi from carby. The vk was stuck in the middle of change and used both carby and efi with fuel senders

You should be fine with your suggestion on doing the tee for vk efi canister/overflow vapour lines to vr tank.
Thanks for the reply will try and see what happens