Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr fuel usage

brian101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
hey guys ive got a series 2 vr.ive only had it for a few months but ive noticed that im only getting 350ks out of a full tank.does anyone know anything i could do to get better fuel consumption?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i used to have a vr series 2 was lucky to get 280 a full tank so id be happy with 350

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
That sounds woful. I get that out of my v8 wagon. Maybe swap the coolant temp sensor. Might be reading low. Plus do the regulars, spark plugs, air filter, oil. See if that helps.

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah i seem to go around 200 on half a tank is that good? i drive her so softly too

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
also get someone to check the o2 sensor. Also check the vacuum hoses on the fuel regulator...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
350 - 400 on a tank is not bad.....other will say they get much more but then, I'll always say my VS is faster than yours.
Unless you actually find a fault in an item - e.g. O2 sensor ,TPS, injectors etc, it is pointless replacing them 'just in case they may be faulty'. Repco and Supercheap make a fortune that way.

The_Captain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
I have a VS V8 ute, and would average a minimum 400k's to the tank. I would be checking plugs, fuel filter, leads, tyre pressure and ensure that any weight in the car (that is not essential) is removed (as listed above).

Also, not too sure how heavy your right foot is off the lights :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
How you drive has a lot to do with it.I can put my foot down in my VS ecotec and get woeful fuel economy,I can also get excellent economy by driving like grandpa.I mostly drive fairly quickly though,and Ive found that under these circumstances,the 98 octane fuel works out cheaper than 91 unleaded.Theres not much difference between the two fuels until you start to open it up a bit,especially around town.I go though 91 stuff heaps when I open it up,so I just use 98 stuff all the time as I use less of it.Another bonus is the car just generally runs better on 98.The other factor,and its already been mentioned is the state of the vehicle.Keep everything in good nick and serviced regularly,and it will be better away fuel than a car that never gets serviced.I find that some parts get missed or forgotten by by some home DIYer's,like the auto transmission filter and fluid, and the fuel filter which is tucked up under the car at the front of the fuel tank out of sight.A blocked fuel filter will cause low fuel pressure ,which can be cause of bad fuel economy.The oxygen sensors should also be replaced every 80,000 to 100,000km.They help a lot with fuel economy when they are working properly..

mwemy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator
check your timing ? lol