Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR hard to start

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
I tried the turning the car to reds and listen for the fuel pump, it stopped within the 3sec and I checked the regulator and that seemed fine. I car will start fine if i've been driving it to operating temp then turn it off and leave it for about 15min after that it's the accelerator thingo. However when i listened for the fuel pump it sounded like it was sucking air although the tank was half full, sounding like someone sucking the last bit out of a milkshake. Any ideas there? Is the fuel pump strainger got a weight to hold it down?

the sucking air noise is most likely the sound of the fuel going back into the tank from the regulator....it now sounds like the opposite problem - more fuel is diverted to the return line than into the fuel rail...keep testing buddy.

SSbeast

Reaction score
I primed the fuel system up, and then turned it off and removed the vacume tube on the regulator, and there is fuel pouring out of it, so new reg. tommorw, thanks for all your feeback.

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Where is the fuel regulator on the 1994 vr 3.8 v6?

So where is the fuel regulator situated on the vr 1994 v6?? This sounds exactly what my car has been doing. Even under driving load my car doesn't always give full power. - If i foot flat my pedal up to 50k per hour it gives me full power, from 55kph to 100kph its hesitates and seems like its not changing down or even giving much power at all.. I have changed the 2 sensors / senders under the alternator. I have also done a self code fault finder. And i have had the car scanned at the auto sparky. My fault finder said low voltage to the throttle position sensor - Is that bad? Do i need to replace this sensor??

Any help will be good cheers people.

Pete