Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Head replacement

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
There is a vr acclaim at my work that has belonged to a women since new i can purchase said car for 1500 everything in and out on the car is immaculate bar one small dent under the tail light, only issue is the heads gone do u rekon itll be better just to fix the head or get a new engine? and how much do u rekon ill be paying all labour will be done myself at work and in the long run is it worth it?

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
i dunno which head it is im used to 4s and straight 6's dammit

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
you can pick up reco heads from places like repco, but i think they're something in the order of $350 each plus your old heads. the spanner work is easy, these engines are life-sized mecchano (if you had that as a kid)

engine replacement would probably be easier, most likely cheaper (if you get one from a wrecker) but then you risk buying a dud. it's really something you need to weigh up pros and cons of each solution and go from there

oh and the easy way to check which head is to do a compression test

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
ill try pull an engine out the quokka for a few hundred probably alot easier then ****ing around the rear seal on the engine is gone to apparently so an engine replacement seems the go

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
the boss thinks its pretty ****ed and even he says its prob better to get a new engine