Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR jacking/lifting points

SSbeast

Reaction score
I've searched for this and found nothing useful, so i'm asking does anyone know and/or have a diagram of where the proper jacking points and chassis stand points are? I've just usually jackined it up on the T piece on the frame about 40cm back from the front axle. However i've noticed that when i do that the doors do fall out of alightment i bit. Also is it ok to jack under the Diff? Thanks.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I've searched for this and found nothing useful, so i'm asking does anyone know and/or have a diagram of where the proper jacking points and chassis stand points are? I've just usually jackined it up on the T piece on the frame about 40cm back from the front axle. However i've noticed that when i do that the doors do fall out of alightment i bit. Also is it ok to jack under the Diff? Thanks.

When jacking up the car at the front I put the trolley jack in the centre of the crossmember, just behind the sump, and then use the chassis stands on the rails, a bit behind the A pillar, if you are looking at the car side on.

When jacking up the car at the back I just jack up the car by the diff, my car has the independant rear end, but it doesn't really make a difference. I then use the chassis stands on the ends of the rear K frame. If you don't have the independant rear end, then just use the rails towards the back of the car.

petezor

i like icecream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
use the diff, or theres these semi circle things just after the diff towards the centre of the car. thats what i use since i cant get the jack under the car, compared to the cars rails, hope this helps.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
yeh, if you only want to get one side up, theres semicicular cutouts that are braced to take the cars weight. They're on the sides of the car, just in front of the rear wheels and one just behind the fronts

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Dont know about on the VR/VS SS but on my VN there is marks on the side skirt for where the jack points are aswell.
AirStrike :air:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I assume the VR SS with irs will have the same jack points as my VP with IRS (they are different to the live axle) the bit for the rear of the car is almost in the middle of the sill panel! well much closer to the front than it is on a live axle car. Nothing you can do about the body bending when you jack it up though, aprt from rewelding every seem in the body solid, they are a bendy bendy car : )

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yeh, if you only want to get one side up, theres semicicular cutouts that are braced to take the cars weight. They're on the sides of the car, just in front of the rear wheels and one just behind the fronts

this the same for both VR & VS with and without IRS?? very helpful :D :thumbsup:

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
im pretty sure they all have the same jack points for base models, ss, irs etc marked by half circle cut outs on the side rails, you can see that section is strengthend with a thicker plate. the front point is a bit back from the front wheel arch and the rear point is a bit passed half way up the car (always chock the oppososite front wheel) you can jack the front by crossmember or the rear by the diff. axel stands can go under the axels :p

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You shouldn't really use the semi circle thingos as they are designed to be used on the production line for the car to be towed with...also the sill jacking points are for the supplied jack. To use a trolley jack us the locations as per the attached file:

Attachments

• trolley.jpg
    trolley.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3,347

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
so it wouldnt be very good to use them?? what about every now and again?? or bad idea all together