Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR long range tank identification

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I have a VR SS 5L BT1. I know it has a long range tank as it has the plastic covers under it (which apparently the 63L tanks dont have) and when it was near empty it took 62L to fill it.

My fuel sender is dodgy and rarely works as my fuel gauge normally sits right up as soon as the ignition gets turned on. I cant seem to find out what replacement fuel sender i need. Anyone know how to work out what i need?

I read on here that v6 tanks are 63L, v8 tanks are 80L. Also read on here somewhere bout them having an 85L and 90L option as well??

I checked out the Just Commodore Spares website and they list a plain VR fuel sender, a VR v8 fuel sender and VR v8 90L fuel sender. So im confused, which fuel sender do i need lol?

f8tal02118

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
I know its an old question but I think there is a switch on the back of the cluster.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I know its an old question but I think there is a switch on the back of the cluster.

I think thats only for the trip computer readings on level 3 gauges

In any case you probably need to make sure the sender unit is actually the problem by taking off the wiring plug at the sender as in picture below for the gauge sender in the tank and measuring across the outside terminals with a multimeter set to read resistance (ohms) and see if the reading agrees with what you think is in the tank.