Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Manual gearbox sitting crooked

RedVrclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr clubsport 2001 vu ute
image.png
image.png
hey guys
I done a manual geaebox conversion on my vr clubby and my gearbox is sitting really far over to the drivers side i have measured up my
Chassis and k frame etc to see if its bent and it all seems ok the entire box appears to Be on a angle and dosent seem like a engine mount issue , there is oil seapeage comming from the tailshaft as its not in properly due to the box being on a angle i have tried spinning the gearbox mount arround , anyone got some advice on what to do cherrs

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 200

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I have been wrong before but it is worth mentioning, if you went from auto to manual, the autos I think had a bush in the end of the crankshaft which had to be removed to install a manual box otherwise the input shaft would not go all the way in.
Or was it the other way round ?

I would think if this was the case, then (A) You would have not been able to bolt the box all the way up or (B) You would have cracked the bell housing.
Just a thought, hope it helps.

Are both engine mounts good ?

edit.. Is the crossmember or rear gearbox mount different on the manual as to auto.

Last edited: