Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Misfire

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Hey guys

Recently converted my vr v6 auto to a manual.

Working fine last night, took it for a 15 minute drive and was all sweet except for a high idle. This morning I put a new IAC valve into it and it idles lower but now I have a horrible misfire. It sounds like its missing on more than one cylinder and coughs and shakes something shocking. I've put brand new leads in it just now.

Does anyone have any idea whats causing it? I'm desperate to get this car back on the road.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
what ecu do you have in the car is it still the auto one..?

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Yeah its the auto computer with a chip from doctor bob... I'm thinking its a computer problem because I can't pull the fault codes off it either, and the cooling fan starts up always when the ignition is on.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
its in limp home mode bud you need the manual wiring loom and a manual ecu ..im going through this #%$@ as we speak with my clubby you need that speed sensor input for the car to run right
ps this will also be causing your high idle condition

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Damn it!

It ran fine last night tho? I went for a good 20minute drive using all the gears all different speeds.

I replaced the IAC valve and its idling at 1000rpm ish now.

And I wired up the VSS but the speedo on the dash isn't working so I've obviously done something wrong there.

I will get onto Dr bob and see if he can make up another memcal for me. This memcal was supposed to make the auto comp and loom work with a manual set up, obviously there was a misunderstanding somewhere. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: