Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR or VS? What Do You Prefer???

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah hey everyone im bored and yeah again......

So which do you prefer?? VR Commodore or VS Commodore? And what series and Badge?

Just curious to why people choose one over the other as their isnt really much difference and wanna see the majority of the car people lean towards

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i prefer the VS because of the ecotec but alot of guys say they prefer the buick in the VR for the more low down torque.
from what i understand the ecotec has better fuel consumption and a little more power and the buick has like i said more torque low down.
also different transmisions.

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im not exactly that great with engines but what does the Ecotech have better than the Buick? Like features except as u said low down torque.

I certainly know they have that lol. Had a VN Calais once with a few mods and that had the same engine , and it flew lol, u could always get some wheelspin from tapping the accelertor. Shame it was an auto tho

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
For a lot of people it comes down to which engine they prefer.
I am a fan of the ecotec personally, and couldn't find a nice calais at the time when I was in the market for a new car (missed out on the perfect one by less than 10 mins), so I ended up with my VS SII Berlina, and am still happy with my choice.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Im not exactly that great with engines but what does the Ecotech have better than the Buick? Like features except as u said low down torque.

I certainly know they have that lol. Had a VN Calais once with a few mods and that had the same engine , and it flew lol, u could always get some wheelspin from tapping the accelertor. Shame it was an auto tho

The ecotec makes more power, uses less fuel and is generally a smoother more refined engine than the buick, but as mentioned they generally don't have the low-rev torque or responsiveness of the older 3.8s

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Much of a muchness for me, they both have the same 5ltr in them, just depends which one has less k's at the time of purchase. I do like the vs badges more though then my vr ones with the solid black background., but thats neither here nor there when it comes to the car.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
series 3 vs ute all the way haha fuel consumption and more power but the vr did have the more low end torque of the buick engine

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
VS for the Ecotech, I love Ecotechs, there something about them over the buick. (Yes I know the Ecotech is a buick, but we all know what we mean).

I went with a series 1 due to not having air-bags(ute), which made having a bullbar alot easier.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VS, just because it says 'Sequential Fuel Injection' on the engine cover which sounds cool, and for the slam in the back the Ecotec gives ya when you floor it and the revs build.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If i was getting a V8 model, it would be the VR (Specifically a red VR SS or VR Calais)

Only reason i'd get a VS is if i wanted the V6 or the Super6 (chances are it would be the super6 ;))