Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Rear speakers

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.
Think im going to have to replace the rear speakers in my car (VR). Would any body know what size the rear speakers are in them? with out me havin to strip half the car out just to check. Thanks

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
I just fit 6x9" Clarions (they had quite a large magnet and shell) into my VR series II, all i had to do was mark and cut out two cresent shapes on the front and rear of the circular holes to make them oval, and the speakers fit right in. there's a metal bracket underneith the stock speakers so i had to make sure the 6x9s were clear of that, worked great.

tip: you can simply pry up the metal grill covers to access the stock speakers, bent down grill tabs hold the grills in place.

cheers.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
any1 have a guide to removing the parcel tray? ive seen one thread with tips but clown jus said remove the clips and it will wiggle out but which clips??

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
any1 have a guide to removing the parcel tray? ive seen one thread with tips but clown jus said remove the clips and it will wiggle out but which clips??

I found the easiest way to take the parsel shelf out was to:

1). Carefully remove the drivers side rear plastic column cover by removing the three(3) plastic plugs that hold it to the pillar.

2). Then with the middle seat down remove the screws/bolts holding the parsel shelf down behind the middle seat.

3). Remove the screws/bolts holding the parsel shelf down onto the metal below it from in the boot.

4). Then gently pry up the shelf (lifting the side the plactic column cover was taken from)

5). When you have dislogded the shelf, gently bend the middle towards the rear windscreen (taking care not to break or permently bend the shelf) and pull the end past the column then you can take it out the side door.

Tip: give yourself heaps of room either side of the car and have both rear doors and the boot fully open for ease of working.

You will have to undo the driver's side rear and the middle seat belt to remove the parsel shelf

To install, reverse procedure.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Last edited: