Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So if I am correct doesn't a cam basically add lift? If that is the case then wouldn't you get similar results with some High Ratio Rockers? Also I'd prefer to have more low end torque I rarely drive at 4k unless I sink the boot in when overtaking in a hurry.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Cams add duration and lift. Lift depends on duration and ramp rate. It's cool to learn about but I'm probably not the best person to teach and tbh my knowledge is only basic compared to the experts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheers mate hopefully some other members will add some to this thread as I'd be keen to figure out whether I should look at a cam upgrade at some point instead of the LS1 rockers. I feel it's above my skill level fitting a cam though so cost wise for me I'd be looking at over $1k.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
That dyno graph is the difference between tuning a cammed car in an orchard up and down rows of fruit trees in the mud and on the dyno without sitting on the floor bouncing around lol just changes to fueling changing spark timing gained nothing at all was already in the sweet spot

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
The 1st colomn is 2200rpm max power is at 4800-5000rpm the dip at the start is me stomping the pedal and the acceleration enrichment hitting .it's pretty much like a high torque tow cam flat wide torque curve from idle up

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Haha I think I have a picture of us stuck in the mud but no videos lol