Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr running fine now wont start

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Okay brought a vr, ran fine when i first got it, started up fine ect, and then it all of a suddon stop starting, put another battery in still wont kick over,
the engine still turns but wont quiet kick over, immoboliser light isnt flashing, doesnt appear to be the starter moter but not 100% sure, the only thing i can think of is the radio was always off and i put the security code in and mabey thats effected the immoboliser? All fuses seem to be okay is there any in particular fuse i should check?
It seems like ive checked nearly everything but it still wont quiet start, also i can here buzzing from fuel pump, also have cleaned the key head and cleaned the battery terminals and the key still unlocks central locking so i dont think its the key battery, so yeah what should i do? Ive searched other threads but they all seem to be things ive checked but yeah open to ideas, cheers

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
cheers mate, wasnt sure if I could check codes without tech2 or some form or computer input, also I was thinking it could be the crank angle sensor but I cant find anything about them on the buick engine? only for vs-vy(ecotecs), but there are comments in other threads suggesting to other people that vr's do have them?

myVRrules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L manual, VE Omega Sportswagon
The v6 has a cas, also the coil packs go. Lots of threads on these - and you should be getting error codes if it is one of these problems.