Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr running rough, shaking and misfiring losing power

3.8 mang mang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagz
Yo dudes, so the other day I was cleaning my car checking oil etc as a potential buyer was coming to have a look at it. Anyway was running fine before then when I started it to move it out the garage all hell broke loose and it just started shaking and misfiring on idle. So I drove it down the street and it would not go past 2 and a half grand unless I gunned it and was shaking pretty violently. Anyways I left it for a day and went to dive it again the next day and it has impoved a bit but still runs like a POS, loses power, shakes and misfires. Any ideas? I changed the fuel filter this morning but did nothin.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
check plugs, do an error check to see if any sensors are playing up, did you wash the engine bay at all?

3.8 mang mang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagz
yes ive recentley done plugs and leads, and no i dident wash the engine bay but ill will check the error codes soon.

3.8 mang mang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagz
checked the error codes got no. 31 theft deterrant signal missing so just going to replace the BCM and see what happens.