Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR runs rough, electrical issue

kemikall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 5.0
Hi All,

Hoping for a bit of advice with a new issue on my VR v8.

Recently got it back from the Panel beaters, got a door replaced and the front bumper done as well thanks to a little old lady reversing into it.

Anyhoo, Got it back and she was driving fine, almost home and went to press the horn to help some other driver learn how to merge, when everything went awry.

I had the lights, windscreen wipers and indicators on and when I pressed the horn she all of a sudden stalled.

Seemingly something shorted out, the indicators stopped working and the horn still doesn't work.

The hazards do work, and I can't find any blown fuses. The car will start but runs really rough.

I did have an issue with the Alternator with a faulty diode ( I simply unplugged the alternator when not is use), but have replaced that now.

I thought it could be something to do with the alternator but the problem is still there now.

I can't find any blown fuses or dodgy relays, but I am old school and not sure of the newer electronics that could be sensitive to a voltage drop.

Any thoughts ?

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
body control module or engine control unit or memcal card

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Take it back to the panel beater and get him to fix it. Sounds like a wiring short, maybe they pinched a wire putting it all back together.