Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Sedan (IRS) Project

Krab-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6
Hi,

I have a 1994 VR Sedan (IRS). I'm looking at raising the suspension and am trying to find out the height difference between stock and raised. I really appreciate any help with this.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Will depend on what spring you buy, there isn't just one singular type of spring used to raise it. What are you looking at?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
There was a site sponsor on here some years back who had some height dimensions in the threads in their section. Just had a look now and cannot see them ?
I did buy a springs and shocks package from them some years ago.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Holden did a "country pack" with raised suspension. You can also try different height spring insulating rubbers.

Krab-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6
I was just looking into a generic spring and strut package. I was mainly looking for the difference in overall height. Also the difference in length from the base of the front strut to the bottom spring plate. I'm not sure if there is actually any difference between raised and stock in that aspect. The more info I get the better.

Krab-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6
Will depend on what spring you buy, there isn't just one singular type of spring used to raise it. What are you looking at?
I know LOVELLS does a 40-50mm raised spring but I haven't found struts to suit as of yet

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Google search found this:

Country Pack, Front: Revised spring and shock absorber rate. Revised stabiliser bar diameter. Increased ground clearance. Engine sump guard.

Country Pack, Rear: Revised spring rate. Larger shock absorbers. Revised stabiliser bar diameter. Increased ground clearance.

Also country pack code is v5w

Krab-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6
Google search found this:

Country Pack, Front: Revised spring and shock absorber rate. Revised stabiliser bar diameter. Increased ground clearance. Engine sump guard.

Country Pack, Rear: Revised spring rate. Larger shock absorbers. Revised stabiliser bar diameter. Increased ground clearance.

Also country pack code is v5w
Any idea on places that might stock them? I've had a look on eBay but can only find "raised" springs, shocks and struts.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Was there a country pack to suit IRS or was it only for the older semi-trailing configuration?