Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR senator auto dramas

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
with my senator i some times have an issue when driving...sometimes after i stop then take off the car wont change gears it just revs out for some reason and will continue untill i stop and put it in P then D to drive off again. any ideas? i was hoping to get it serviced to see if that clears it up but before i do that i want to know if the auto is shot...if thats the case ill just convert it to manual.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
whens the last time the fluid was changed in the transmission? might be the first idea to get the trans serviced and go from there..

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
is it possible that something is telling the ecu it is still in park, so it will rev, but wont attempt to change gears. i have the same issue with mine, but thats due to a bent kickdown cable, which yours doesnt have, so m not too sure with these electronic autos

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
at one stage the engine check light did come on but went away pretty quickly...i really hope its not broken...dont really wanna do another manual conversion anytime soon. some times it runs sweet but when it doesnt it takes ages to change to 2nd then i wont go any higher..ill sus it out on the hoist when i get a chance.