Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Very tidy indeed. I too want to run mine through the car when I get around to it. Would love to see where/how you have exited the cabin at the front as it was the major dilemma I was having too.

I was thinking of running the nitrous feed line a similar way for stealth reasons :)

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I drilled a hole through the firewall and ran the cable inside when i did mine. I didnt like the idea of running the cable in the wheel well where it can be worn with rocks and stuff.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Yeah I agree with bad idea of putting it in wheel well to !!! I cut out the big rubber above ecu on passenger side where the main loom comes though and I brought all my wires through there ie. for msd ignition I have in glove box, my 2 cables for power + - , all the wires for gauges and and engine block temp and wide band o2 sensior!!! I currently (temporarily) have my fuel lines where ur power runs in wheel well then under car and I wouldn't feel safe leaving them there with out a cover over them I only did This because at the moment they are rubber and wanted to stay away from any exhaust heat I'm currently making drop tank and hard lines witch I have here ready to change!!

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
You do realize its fed through a fixed 5/8" metal tube, with no exposed cable at all, the tube is made up with bends so its fed directly inside the cabin, I have flared the tube at each end so the cable wont chafe, where it comes out across from the starter is directly behind the cross member. How more protected can it be? Its a street machine not a rally car. There is just no way at all to get from the firewall to the starter past the headers. If anyone has done an LSx454 conversion in a VR with the battery in the boot and has done different I would like see it. You cant be serious that your criticizing what I have done and you have fuel line in there, that's just dumb/dangerous. Btw when you say "rubber", I assume you have used 200 series braided line?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You do realize its fed through a fixed 5/8" metal tube, with no exposed cable at all, the tube is made up with bends so its fed directly inside the cabin, I have flared the tube at each end so the cable wont chafe, where it comes out across from the starter is directly behind the cross member. How more protected can it be? Its a street machine not a rally car. There is just no way at all to get from the firewall to the starter past the headers. If anyone has done an LSx454 conversion in a VR with the battery in the boot and has done different I would like see it. You cant be serious that your criticizing what I have done and you have fuel line in there, that's just dumb/dangerous. Btw when you say "rubber", I assume you have used 200 series braided line?

Lol. Somehow I think if you manage to get thru all that you have bigger problems than the cable to worry about.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta

No I'm not criticizing, u have it protected I didn't know that it is run through a steel tube witch is good, all I said was where i had run myn cables and it should be protected down there witch u have done so that is good, my fuel lines where just to get it goin as I knew I was a bit off getting hoist witch im now getting and doin drop tank and hard lines and other things under car, I have a piece of steel riveted on wheel arch and over as a protector plate and is purely temporary to get it goin and run in

I'm never out to criticize anyone's work and am only asking and putting suggestions out there.

P.s. in the pic it looked like it was in shrink wrap or something not a steal tube

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
Looks great mate! Love the worksmanship and quality.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
No I'm not criticizing, u have it protected I didn't know that it is run through a steel tube witch is good, all I said was where i had run myn cables and it should be protected down there witch u have done so that is good, my fuel lines where just to get it goin as I knew I was a bit off getting hoist witch im now getting and doin drop tank and hard lines and other things under car, I have a piece of steel riveted on wheel arch and over as a protector plate and is purely temporary to get it goin and run in

I'm never out to criticize anyone's work and am only asking and putting suggestions out there.

P.s. in the pic it looked like it was in shrink wrap or something not a steal tube

No worries, all good.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I like the steel tube idea :) I'm not keen on running cables under the car either.

can I suggest that at the point where it leaves the steel tube and it crosses under the headers you use some heat sleeve tubing to insulate the cable.

I'm having some hot start issues ATM, my starter will come out shortly, I'll wrap that with some header wrap to protect it from the header heat and I will also insulate the starter motor cable. I'll probably use some industrial heat sleeve stuff which we have at work but it can be had from any decent electrical supplier, alternately there is the proper automotive stuff, the brand name is Cool it® and is probably better as it's also oil/fire resistant.

BTW, thanks for adding the extra pic :thumbsup:

Last edited:

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Thanks for that, actually great minds think alike. I have got some of this below, I plan on using that up over the flare with a small hose clamp as it goesa cross to the starter. I also have my headers ceramic coated btw, so they will run way cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.