Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, that will do it, I was wondering about that, they do look nice and shiny. Cool running then ehh :)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yea supposedly run up to 100 degrees cooler, make a little more power, and they will dull off, but still stay looking good.

Yeah, my headers are ceramic coated. I got the polished finish, but over 20months later they have dulled.
They still look 1000times better than a steel header that has signs of surface rust though!

Immortality: You didn't nick the heat wrapped starter idea from my build did you?? Good thoughts on the heat sleeved cable though!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, my headers are ceramic coated. I got the polished finish, but over 20months later they have dulled.
They still look 1000times better than a steel header that has signs of surface rust though!

Immortality: You didn't nick the heat wrapped starter idea from my build did you?? Good thoughts on the heat sleeved cable though!

I was thinking about using a proper starter motor heat shield but non avail at my local speed shop so header wrap was the next best idea, but yes I did see you had also done the same. I think my hot starting issues might be a number of things, I just checked my base timing and it's set at about 12°-13° BTDC as well as a slightly tired battery :(

I'm going to reset the base timing and then add the extra timing into the tune :D

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I was looking at something similar but the brand I mentioned earlier unfortunately my supplier is out of stock

Thermo-Tec : Starter Heat Shield

0_14510_300_tn.jpg

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Great weekend, lots done, battery relocation completely finished, really happy with how it all turned out. Got my prototype coil mount bracket made up, and spent the day fitting it up, currently painted and drying, think its gong to be sweet. Also got the trans dip stick fitted, bit of a pain to do. Few odds and sods to tidy up this week, hopefully a large delivery soon..

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
i've been watching this thread for a while. Nice car got to love the old senators

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Got the battery relocation totally finished. Thought I would post some pics of it completely done, that's with all the ends crimped and I used some heat shielded flexible tubing where it goes across to the starter.

Also got the coil packs all mounted, I like the way its turned out. Got a nice set of Accel leads but tonight went to fit them and I think they have supplied the wrong style. Oh well poop happens I guess.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Photos aren't working mate. But I'm sure it looks good like the rest of your work so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.