Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
This build is absolute class.

Everything has been done for a reason, theres no flashy ****, you haven't just chucked things at it. Its planned and done with perfection.

I love how the car looks standard. The interior looks mint, there's no gauges sticking out.

I love it.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Thanks all, much appreciated. With regards to the fans, a lot of thought and discussion has gone not it. The trouble with a shroud is it can do just that, shroud. I have a 3000 cfm spal fan, it's a 68mm open core. I also have a separate dedicated engine oil cooler, this takes a lot of load off the regal cooling system. I liaised a lot with PWR for my specific application. Obviously it hasn't fired a shot in anger yet but I am sure it will be spot on. Btw, nothing ford is going on my car if I an help it, so no AU fans for me :)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
OP, I have followed your build thread on the Street Commodores forum since day 1. Always been in awe of and respected your attention to detail and the tasteful manner in which you have/are building this car. I love it to bits and can't wait to see the future mods for it.

The only thing I can suggest this thing will need is a GPS tracking alarm system with no expense spared. After seeing how MONSTA and numerous other cars get knicked, I would think it would be a viable investment.

Oh by the way, this was my face throughout looking at the pictures once again....

images

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Nice build. As said good to see some one building something and thinking about it as well. Far too many slap a big motor in away you go builds.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
With regards the steering wheel, I am really wanting to keep the look and feel original HSV, I actually have fully restored the wheel, I like it, but thanks for the suggestion.

Lol that was the biggest thing I was disappointed with on the clubby. Holden badge steering wheel, Holden badged engine covers, seriously is it really all that much effort for them to have done the HSV logo? Just laziness I guess on their part. I do agree though, best to keep it as standard looking as possible :)

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Yea I think these early HSV's were pretty basic, certainly not as well executed as the current ones. But I guess that's some of the appeal. To me the current ones are way too busy, I love the clean simple look of these early cars. To each their own though.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Thanks all, much appreciated. With regards to the fans, a lot of thought and discussion has gone not it. The trouble with a shroud is it can do just that, shroud. I have a 3000 cfm spal fan, it's a 68mm open core. I also have a separate dedicated engine oil cooler, this takes a lot of load off the regal cooling system. I liaised a lot with PWR for my specific application. Obviously it hasn't fired a shot in anger yet but I am sure it will be spot on. Btw, nothing ford is going on my car if I an help it, so no AU fans for me :)

Yep good stuff !!! And oil cooler is must on this I see u relocated the oil filter to !!! Quick question are u putting a/c back in ??? If not it will get plenty of air flow and anything over 50- 60km/h probley won't even need the fan on!!! And at the end of the day its just a fan and is very small and minor compared to building a car and Ull be able to solve it easy If u ever do have heat issues ( exapecially with what I'm guessing is a pwr 3 core)!!! I had another set of 9 inch reservable fans that push air on the other side of my radiator for if it ever got hot but they have not been needed !!! Well not yet

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
You don't need to be 50kmh, once your a little over jogging pace as long as you have uninterrupted flow through the rad the fans aren't doing anything much. What you need is a fundamentally big enough and efficient cooling system. At least initially I am not fitting air con, but once the cars on the road I intend developing it further, so who knows. I would like to be making a genuine and reliable 1000hp one day, that in a little VR would be a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.