Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR speedo problem

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by mitchoVR, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mitchoVR

mitchoVR New Member

Members Ride:
    VR Acclaim 94 S2
    I have just replaced the cog to fix my odometer but now my speedo isn't working properly, it gets stuck when your speeding up or slowing down and then it will jump to the right speed and it's real confusing cause it takes ages to go to the right speed so I don't know how fast I'm going, I have pulled the cluster out again and the needle was on properly but I took it off and put it on again anyway and when you move the needle it moves freely, Does anybody know whats going on??

2. Berlinarator

Berlinarator New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ SS-Z
    I'd be interested to find a fix for this too - my 95 VR Acclaim is doing the exact same thing. I was going to take it to an auto electrician to have the problem rectified, but if you find something in the mean time let me know.

3. Gus The Snail

Gus The Snail Born to be dizlegzic

ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
    Members Ride:
    VS ute S2 1996
    how much did you pay for your cog?

4. DannyboyDS

DannyboyDS Just hand me the pliers.

Members Ride:
    VS Berlina
    pull the cluster out,

Check the plugs in the back of the Dash are all seated correctly, sometimes during remove and refit they can get loose.

also on the back of the cluster will be information for the pinouts, trace the speedometer pin to the speedo, it should end at one of those brass nuts, if there are no breaks in the circuit on any of the speed's wiring, undo the nuts for the speedo, give the nuts, the washer and the circuit surface a quick clean and refit everything.

Hope that helps.