Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR speedo problem

mitchoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 94 S2
I have just replaced the cog to fix my odometer but now my speedo isn't working properly, it gets stuck when your speeding up or slowing down and then it will jump to the right speed and it's real confusing cause it takes ages to go to the right speed so I don't know how fast I'm going, I have pulled the cluster out again and the needle was on properly but I took it off and put it on again anyway and when you move the needle it moves freely, Does anybody know whats going on??

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
I'd be interested to find a fix for this too - my 95 VR Acclaim is doing the exact same thing. I was going to take it to an auto electrician to have the problem rectified, but if you find something in the mean time let me know.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
pull the cluster out,

Check the plugs in the back of the Dash are all seated correctly, sometimes during remove and refit they can get loose.

also on the back of the cluster will be information for the pinouts, trace the speedometer pin to the speedo, it should end at one of those brass nuts, if there are no breaks in the circuit on any of the speed's wiring, undo the nuts for the speedo, give the nuts, the washer and the circuit surface a quick clean and refit everything.

Hope that helps.