Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR SS 304 and 4L60E auto into vk?

Discussion in 'VB - VK Holden Commodore (1978 - 1985)' started by ss-commodore, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ss-commodore

ss-commodore New Member

Members Ride:
    VK
    Hi I'm new to the world of commodores so am hoping for some advice. I have a Vk Berlina (factory carb 202/trimatic) and also a complete VR SS. Plan was to install the V8 (either with or without EFI) and auto into the Vk. Initially I was going to fit a Harrop manifold and Holley to bypass all the wiring hassles. Since then I've read several articles advising this isn't a good idea..? Now I have found out the 4L60E is just as complicated electrics wise and I am wondering it it is worth fitting or is a VN T700 or a T350 or T400 a better option? I dont want a tyre frying drag car just reasonable power but most of all reliability. I believe the engine will bolt in no worries using the stock K frame with the V8 mounts. I'm told the tranny will clear the tunnel but does anyone know where I can get the crossmember and tailshaft to suit the 4l60E (if it is worth using)? Sorry for all the questions .Thanks in advance!

2. nasty1

nasty1 New Member

Members Ride:
    vy2 clubsport
    in my opinion its worth using.and yes this should drop in no problems.i think if you do a bit of searching you will find a tech thread that will tell you and show you what you need to do if you cant pm me and ill send a link to another car forum that does.