Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR SS 304 and 4L60E auto into vk?

ss-commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hi I'm new to the world of commodores so am hoping for some advice. I have a Vk Berlina (factory carb 202/trimatic) and also a complete VR SS. Plan was to install the V8 (either with or without EFI) and auto into the Vk. Initially I was going to fit a Harrop manifold and Holley to bypass all the wiring hassles. Since then I've read several articles advising this isn't a good idea..? Now I have found out the 4L60E is just as complicated electrics wise and I am wondering it it is worth fitting or is a VN T700 or a T350 or T400 a better option? I dont want a tyre frying drag car just reasonable power but most of all reliability. I believe the engine will bolt in no worries using the stock K frame with the V8 mounts. I'm told the tranny will clear the tunnel but does anyone know where I can get the crossmember and tailshaft to suit the 4l60E (if it is worth using)? Sorry for all the questions .Thanks in advance!

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
in my opinion its worth using.and yes this should drop in no problems.i think if you do a bit of searching you will find a tech thread that will tell you and show you what you need to do if you cant pm me and ill send a link to another car forum that does.