Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Stalling around corners

Rob&Krisseh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR 5 Litre Caprice
Bought an automatic VR a few days ago to fix up for my misses .. and have discovered that the motor dies when you go around certain corners.

Any ideas what would cause it ??

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
was the tank low on fuel? swirl pot hose to the fuel pump has come off.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
or earth on left hand front kick panel unders dash
had one doing this and would loose injector earth? or reference signal cant remeber which now
anyway food for thought

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is it just the engine itself stalling,or does the car loose all power and cut out ?Ive seen electrical problems cause a similar thing to happen,but this other car was loosing all power around corners and just cutting out and stalling.It was a loose wire in the end that was causing it.It was the main power wire that goes from the battery to the bottom of the main 60A fusible link which is located down near the fuse box under the bonnet..Every time the battery moved sideways a little bit around a corner,this main wire moved and it caused a bad connection.The problem wasnt found until months later when the wire connector to the main fusible link finally snapped off completely.

luv my vr commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vr commodore
Im haveing a simmalar problem my vr looses all power when going around a corner doesnt stall but losses power all power returns when im heading straight again ????????

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
check all your main earthing points and wiring

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
yeh i had the same problem in my VP you would try give it some around the corner and it would go "Burr Burr" and kick in when straight i never ended up fixing it but mechanic said it was either fuel pump, fuel filter or fuel lines....