Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Stalling problem but restarts

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I have a problem were my VR it will stall at random times and it is not consistent one day it might stop 2 - 3 times a day, sometimes it might not stall for about a month.

Sometimes the car will take a while to start then the engine light comes on until I restart it.

I dunno if this has anything 2 do with it but once there was oil coming from the oil (switch or sensor I am not sure what its called) so we tried to replace it and the housing broke so replaced the housing and sensor.

My uncle put the sensor in with plumbers tape and (the sensor wasn't as far down as the old one) when I bolted it back up and plugged in the sensor the oil light flicked on and off and now the bulb has blown, the problem didn't seem to occur until after this.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
If the engine light is coming on, then retrieve the error code and report back.

Kovacic_VR95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
yea mate my engine was running fine other day it was stalling so we cleaned the spark plugs and now wen we start it sounds like its running 5cylinders not all 6 in my vr 94 model, engine lite comes on too for me any clues or help???

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
the light hasent come on for a little while now

Will the code still be logged?

I don't have a cable 2 check so might get an auto electrician to check

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
Try cleaning the throttle body with some carby /throttle body cleaner. You will be suprised how much black crap comes out. This helped my idle problem in mine.