Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Stalling

Kovacic_VR95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
Hey guys,

I recently had a stalling problem in my engine. I cleaned the spark plugs and it starts and runs fine but once it warms up the exhaust has the do do do do do noise like its back firing!

Now i fix the rpm and the car is fine at 1500rpm but when it drops to 1000rpm it burbles again and i dont have a sports exhaust does this mean my car is running off 5cylinders or any1 know the problem?

much help will be great cheers

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I was going to start another thread on this but found this one. I have almost the same problem, if someone could help out i would appreciate it.

It all started while i was driving on the highway (downhill most of the way). So when ever i take my foot of the accelerator the RPMs slowly go down from 1000 to 100. When i pulled at the traffic lights the car stalls.

Any ideas on this? Is it just the spark plugs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
well firstly is it manual and do you know how to drive manual? lol

nah ive known of a few commodores that this happens to, it can easily be fixed sometimes with the adjustment of the engine cable, so it holds at a higher rpm and prevents your car from stalling

you basically need a spanner to adjust it

Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
well its the accelerator cable ontop of the throttlebody, im not sure what spanner you'll need but if im correct, you can adjust the nut on it, and it will hold the revs higher at idle only a small adjustment should be needed, this will mean you have a touchy accel pedal but will stop the car from stalling. Also something to do with your fuel could be wats causing it, a blocked fuel pump can cause insufficient fuel getting in causing not enough compression and causing the car to stall.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Yeah so sounds like the accelerator cable. Since if i accelerate normally it does not feel any different and the car runs fine and as soon as i let go of the accelerator it just drops all the way down. I'm gonna have a closer look. Thanks for the help so far mate.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Yeah so sounds like the accelerator cable. Since if i accelerate normally it does not feel any different and the car runs fine and as soon as i let go of the accelerator it just drops all the way down. I'm gonna have a closer look. Thanks for the help so far mate.

the accelerator cable adjustment wouldnt be the problem only a quick fix. id moreof go with the fuel or possible your sparkplugs / leads or coil pack.