Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr stalling

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
when driving along my car just stalls, is running perfectly well, sounds helthy and then nothin, loose my power steering, brakes, and my engine...what ive noticed is that when slowing down because theres no foot on the accelerator the revs drop to between 500 - 800....is this idol to low? but then it just keeps droping....the thing is it only does it sometimes but its now done it 4 times in 2 days....good thing im not sitting on 100 when this happens...
any one got any ideas??

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
this is the EXACT reason why i got rid of my VR - an otherwise great car but the problem was simply too dangerous when you have 2 little kids sitting in the back seat!!. Does yours stall a few minutes after start up? Mine used to stall mainly at the lights but on a few occassions while moving - luckily I wasnt going too fast either!! For the rest of the journey it was fine. The mechanic looked at it a few times but couldnt quite find a fix - he suspected the crank angle sensor. It just got too annoying knowing that evertime I got into the car it was going to stall - i put up with it for a few years but when you lose steering it is just too dangerous!!

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
ireland said:
this is the EXACT reason why i got rid of my VR - an otherwise great car but the problem was simply too dangerous when you have 2 little kids sitting in the back seat!!. Does yours stall a few minutes after start up? Mine used to stall mainly at the lights but on a few occassions while moving - luckily I wasnt going too fast either!! For the rest of the journey it was fine. The mechanic looked at it a few times but couldnt quite find a fix - he suspected the crank angle sensor. It just got too annoying knowing that evertime I got into the car it was going to stall - i put up with it for a few years but when you lose steering it is just too dangerous!!
Did you get the crank angle sensor replaced?

You did of course tell the buyer about the problem as well right?

Clacks

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
its only just started doing it and it doesnt do it if i keep the revs up, but its a bit hard to do that while slowing down... :ranting: pisses me off cuz i only got it a month ago!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive had my crank angel sensor, oxygen sensor, and fuel pump and filter and my Key replaced
doesnt do it ne more, dude there is a Search funtion here
fair few threwads on this issue

ireland

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr
Clacker said:
Did you get the crank angle sensor replaced?

You did of course tell the buyer about the problem as well right?

Clacks

had the CAS replaced a few years ago and the problem persisted..so I thought why replace it again when it may not help. To answer your 2nd Question - I had the car traded in - and I must admit in my excitement to get a shiny new car I clean forgot to mention this to them - I note that the car is still sitting in their yard awaiting resale so I might pop in and mention the stalling issue to them. :) :)