Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR starting issues and sluggish

luxadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 hilux dual cab/VR V6
YAY I think I found the problem
I just changed the DFI module and..........................................................................................................That wasn't the problem :cry:
so I popped the bonnet started the engine and grabed the throttle and snapped it open while the engine was running it just made a half arsed attempt of a fart noise and coughed up a lung, yep real responsive. So I figure the fuel pressure isn't rising to allow the revs to rise but I can't check the pressure with no equipment, what to do?
I get a pair of pliers and pinch the return line shut at the same time as snapping the throttle open...hey presto she revs, problem is the fuel pressure regulator? I sure hope so.
Off to swap it with a new one fingers crossed :w00t:

luxadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK I fitted a mates spare fuel pressure regulator off of a VP and it's worked wonders, no error codes, smooth idle, instant throttle response, quick start ups, smooth acceleration and pretty bloody quick too (for a huge dual cab hilux on 33" tyres, bar work and suspension lift)
thanks heaps for all the tips and ideas along the way, this forum's search function is the bomb so much info and experience out there to help everybody :thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sweet bet you are a happy lad now

luxadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
nearly! trans temp sits on 80-90 degrees celsius on the highway, not bad but want it a tad lower especially with towing and beach driving in mind
I have an inline gauge mounted right as the fluid comes out of the transmission before it gets to my two coolers I have.

check this out pretty interesting info about trans temp

TCI - TECHNICAL INFORMATION: Transmission Life Expectancy

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i wouldnt worry to much it normally goes through a radiator at over that temp to cool it so yeah should be fine if you have external coolers and the box doesnt slip much.to cold will be bad too.

luxadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah your right coolants at least 82 degrees, the real test will be when I am towing the caravan which weighs 1150kg fully loaded and when I am driving on the beach and dunes have to keep a close eye on the temps, I can fit another trans cooler behind my bullbar if need be, maybe with a pair of 12V fans that can be switched on while towing or beaching