Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr statesman door locking

dv81

Reaction score
Members Ride
hz
Hi everyone I'm having trouble with my door locks
It started with only being able to unlock drivers door with the key in the lock and no other doors could be unlocked ( it was like they were dead locked )
I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours and after reconnecting all door except the drivers door can we unlocked and locked manually
Try locking drivers door with key and wouldn't lock. Use the remote the lock doesn't move but open the door and the alarm goes off
Today I looked at the drivers door again trying two different actuators and nothing worked
I can here something under the dash on the drivers side clicking when the remote button is pushed but none of the doors do anything
The interior lights turn on with the doors are opened showing the door switches ae working.
I can lock the drivers door with the key in lock now but the actuator doesn't move any help is greatly appreciated

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
What is history of the car? If door was opened 10 times a day, wiring harness might be futtoxed. The troubleshooting procedure in workshop manual seems dreadfully tedious. If you can get a scan tool that talks to BCM that can help testing the actuators.