Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR statesman driver window problem

Simmo172

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hey guys my driver side power window only goes up when it wants to, I've changed switches, regulator and fuses. All other windows work just not drivers side. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Possible BCM then.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
surprised no one suggested slop/wear in the mechanical linkages....when going down the linkage is pulling the window and gravity helps, but going up its pushing and any wear movement will stall the motor...
You can try spraying some food grade silicon spray in the window channel (better than wd40 as it wont attract dust as much) with the window all the way down. If it improve then you may have to remove the door trim and check/grease the mechanism.....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hi
surprised no one suggested slop/wear in the mechanical linkages....when going down the linkage is pulling the window and gravity helps, but going up its pushing and any wear movement will stall the motor...
You can try spraying some food grade silicon spray in the window channel (better than wd40 as it wont attract dust as much) with the window all the way down. If it improve then you may have to remove the door trim and check/grease the mechanism.....

I'd not use silicon spray, use graphite powder.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hi

If this were the case, just fix it properly, either via adjustment in door or a new reg. That said in 10 years I never saw a case where linkage wear was enough to completely stall the motor/gearing. These units can break your fingers, so more often the case was the front of the glass would drop, the rear top corner would visibly pop out. It would also happen in the same place, halfway up, when the channel changes from a full c bailey to the half channel that you visibly see around the door.

If the glass goes up and down fine (stays in the channel) when it's working, my money would be on electronics.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Lucky you..... Ive help/replace 3 regulators actually 4 if you count the missus Hyundai in the last 2 years (none in my car I have manual windows :) )
also I was suggesting the spray only to track what might be the issue not as a fix ....you know a quote used on another forum I frequent might fit well here "let being helpful be more important than being right " ;)