Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman LPG Conversion

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Gday All....

Thinkin about putting the Statey on gas....can anyone tell me if its possible to have it connected so that the fuel gauge becomes the gas gauge when switching it to gas, rather than having the gay LED gauge, and whether it can be wired to the trip computer?

H

HATER VP

It can be done, But im not 2 sure about the trip computer

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
SlyVR said:
its all automatic mate :), mine is a aftermarket normally they do that as a a stock install mate

Depends....I've only spoken to a couple of installers, but they just advise they use the LED gauge....where did u get urs done - might give them a call....

Last edited:

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
running through the normal petrol gauge isnt advised because it will never give a correct reading thats why people have the led gauges, but even then they may not be correct, so my gas mechanic advised as soon as u start loosing power go fill up.

i have seen a couple of holdens with factory gas on them that were certified by them to do, and some have been done good others have been done really weird and something i would like that go through the petrol gauge.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Yes....Sure can.

Had my VR Statesman converted in March and LPG and Petrol runs off the original guage.

Is activated via the normal change over switch from LPG to Petrol. Trip computer operates fine, but would say it is accurate to maybe 10% of being empty. But then again the LED guages are no different.

Hope this helps.

Jamie

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
So I guess the next question I need to ask myself is, if it's not overly accurate, is it worth spending the extra money....

Can anyone in Adelaide recommend a workshop with all the knowledge?