Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman Transmission Hard Line Replacement

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hey all,

Quick question for a mate, V6 VR Statesman, Damaged trans cooling hardlines.

Now want to grab some from the wreckers, will VR Sedan V6 lines fit the stato? or will VS Statesman V6 lines fit?

Have access to both those lines but no VR V6 Stato lines.

And does anyone know the tools required apart from pipe spanners to not ruin the brass fittings.

Cheers
Mat

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
They're extremely difficult to undo without damaging them. I've tried many times but usually end up replacing the lines altogether. I've used commodore 5/16 fuel lines for trans cooler piping as its $8 a length at pick a part, then use new flare nuts and double flare it.

Vs will probably be different to vr v6, as the lines follow the contour of the block exactly to avoid making contact with the exhaust.

If you can get hold of some vr v6 lines already removed, that's probably the best way to go about it. You'll still need to remove the exhaust at the very least to fit the lines.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Hozy it's funny I see this now. If you're still in the SE suburbs Me and dad were at the wreckers today. Pick a part in kilsyth. We grabbed an auto out of a vr. 115 bucks with warranty. Bit of a gamble I know but it's the best price I could find. Would be a real pain if it's no good and we have to get another though so keep your fingers crossed for me haha.

Anyway it had those lines on it you speak of and they're pretty much out due to us taking the trans out. We did drop the box a bit before undoing the ends but I don't think they would be too bent out of shape. I have done it that way before on some of my old autos and they still we're ok. We also took most of the little bolts out around the motor. So if that's where you're going then have a look for the read vr wagon and have a squiz at those lines they're almost out but just make sure they're in ok shape.

But what I usually like to do is go to places like eastcom in fern tree gully and that place on South gipsland highway near the dandy bypass because they take out the stuff for you! Much easier that way I will usually do that if I can.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's too bad if you bend them a little to get them in there it's usually what ends up hapenning. As long as you don't go too hard on them.

Edit: if my memory serves me right it's 15mm for one end and 13 for the other one. Open ended spanners. The little bolts around the motor are 10mm. Then a screwdriver or 7-8mm socket for the hose clamps.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
in the past have cut and joined these cooler hose using trans hose and clamps or have used lpg 5/16 flexible service line make all new trans cooler lines .

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Have cut and rejoined with olive type fittings available from enzed shop. Then can easily spin the fitting that goes directly into the trans with the flare part still attached.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Well if anyone was wondering we have the auto in the vr now. I think we only had 4 or 5 to choose from. We just grabbed one from what looked like a clean motor and auto with no oil leaking everywhere. Anyway it worked out really well! Shifts smooth as a baby's! My little bro (it's for his car) says it's much better than his last one so I guess we got lucky! haha.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Pain in the ass to remove , I chopped mine out when I converted to manual lol