Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman turns over but won't start

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought a Delphi for 90 bucks and have it tucked in the map pocket in case it does fail on me as they tend to leave you stranded, unlike say a CAS that will quite often get going again before it has total failure. I'm just waiting for my High Voltage coils to arrive from OS so I can fit the coils and DFI at the same time.

VR 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I bought a Delphi for 90 bucks and have it tucked in the map pocket in case it does fail on me as they tend to leave you stranded, unlike say a CAS that will quite often get going again before it has total failure. I'm just waiting for my High Voltage coils to arrive from OS so I can fit the coils and DFI at the same time.
Yeah, these coils were NGK, they weren't nesscersary but I thought I might go a set for $90 2 year warranty. They sell those coils online for $269 high output.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I ordered a set of Hi Voltage coils from OS for $90 just take about 6 weeks to arrive. I am yet to receive them. I researched Gorst coils and they are as good as MSD but 1/3 the price.

VR 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I ordered a set of Hi Voltage coils from OS for $90 just take about 6 weeks to arrive. I am yet to receive them. I researched Gorst coils and they are as good as MSD but 1/3 the price.

Do you race cars ? I guess the advantage would be less carbon build up with the fuel fetter burned by more spark. What spark plugs would you use with those coils? Are they USA made

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do you race cars ? I guess the advantage would be less carbon build up with the fuel fetter burned by more spark. What spark plugs would you use with those coils? Are they USA made

Nah like everything else either made in Mexico or China. I just run Bosch platinum's. Advantage is sightly better economy as you can run 1.5mm gaps. Performance wise they will be barley even noticeable over a new set of stock coils. I don't race but fitting them because of the minor performance upgrade along with the five other upgrades they may help slightly.